* Brownfiled real estate transactions frequently uncover environmental issues requiring immediate attention.
* Environmental issues often arise during the site acquisition process.
* Terrax is equipped to respond with decisive technical advice, unparalleled industry expertise and impeccable project management.
* The focus of our services is to understand the clients' needs, the schedule and to relay our advice in a managable understandable format.
* The Terrax professionals apply a team approach to real estate transactions and site development. We work very closely with our clients in regulatory, city meetings and during discussions and price negotiations with sellers or buyers.
We strongly believe that it is in our best interest to protect your best interest!
Should you buy a Brownfield site?
Brownfields, as former developed sites with potential contamination issues, often have improved geotechnical characteristics and established infrastructure and services that reduce the development costs and additional land requirements compared to a greenfield.
In addition, Brownfields often have little to no cultural and biological concerns and as such, an expedited environmental review can be expected. Also, brownfields do not excite the local population and environmental community in the same way as a greenfield development and, if handled correctly, can provide a considerable positive public relations boost.
In many cases, early actions, efforts and educational outreaches can help remove or at least lower many of the barriers to stimulate brownfield redevelopment and make sure the acquisition of an impacted site is a profitable enterprise.